Uvalde Civic Center FAQs
1. What types of events do you hold at the Civic Center?
The SSGT. Willie de Leon Civic Center hosts banquets, community events, conferences, conventions, meetings, receptions, trade shows, weddings, and similar events.
2. What do I have to do to book your facility?
Our facility requires a deposit, which is one half of the room rental fee(s), and a signed rental agreement to secure your date and room for your event. Deposits are NEVER applied to fees and are refundable after the event.
3. How far out can I book?
Events may be booked up to one year in advance.
4. What is the capacity?
- Cactus Community Room: 65 persons
- Pecan Meeting Room: 40 persons
- Mesquite Meeting Room: 40 persons
- Mountain Laurel Meeting Room: 40 persons
- Live Oak Hall: 621 persons
- Conference Room: 25 persons
- The meeting rooms in the Willie de Leon Civic Center are very flexible with retracting walls, which allows the rooms to be configured into different sizes.
5. Will I need security during the event?
Yes. Security is required for all events in which alcohol will be served, sold or consumed.
6. Do you require insurance for events?
Yes. A General Liability Insurance policy is required for events involving alcohol and dancing.
7. Are outside caterers allowed?
8. Is alcohol allowed?
9. Do you provide tables and chairs?
Yes, the Cactus Community room and Meeting rooms are set up to seat their capacity. The Live Oak Hall has the following tables and chairs available: 40 (72″) round tables (can seat 8-10 to a table), 50 (8′) rectangular tables (can seat 8 to a table), and 400 chairs.
10. Are we responsible for clean-up?
Yes, you are responsible for the clean-up after your event.
11. Will staff be available during our event?
Yes, staff will be available.
12. What are the operating hours?
The Civic Center event hours are Monday through Sunday, from 7am – Midnight. The Civic Center office hours are Monday – Friday, from 8:30am – 5pm.
13. Can I have an outdoor event at your location?
Our facility is not set up for outdoor events.
14. What is your cancelation policy?
- If event is canceled 90 days prior to event date a full refund will be issued.
- If event is canceled 30 days prior to event date a 50% refund will be issued.
- If event is canceled less than 30 days prior to event no refund will be issued.