PO Box 453 • Tel (830) 278-2552
Located at the Uvalde Municipal Airport, this non-profit museum is dedicated to preserving local and regional aviation history. The museum is housed in an original Garner Army Air Field hanger and has displays of aircraft and memorabilia from WW II.
Briscoe Art and Antique Collection
200 East Nopal Street • Tel (830) 278-6231
View the extensive collection of works collected by former Governor and Mrs. Dolph Briscoe. This spectacular collection contains works varying from western oils to bronzes to contemporary pieces and includes works by Rembrandt, Gainsborough, Remington, Warren, Wood, and Salinas.
104 West North Street • Tel (830) 278-4184
This opera house was built in 1891 and restored in 1982. The opera house now hosts community theater productions, children's theater, and concerts.
333 North Park Street • Tel (830) 278-5018
This Museum documents the life of John Nance "Cactus Jack" Garner the two term Vice President to Franklin D. Roosevelt. The Museum is located in the old home of John and Ettie Garner and is open to the public with free admission.
Corner of S. Wood & E. Garden Streets • Tel (830) 278-2016
Come enjoy the colorful costumes and active dances of the Sahawe Indian Dancers as they perform dances of the Indians of America and Mexico.
•221 E. Doughty St.
Tel (830) 278-6155
This unique 18-hole course is located on a Native American archeological find and is a great place to fit in a round on your trip!
Take a driving tour of Uvalde's Heritage Homes and see for yourself the appreciation Uvaldeans' have of their homes, comfortably set on the town's tree-shaded streets.
Of course, it's even more than a totally modern library. The archives and museum will preserve the history and tell the story of ten counties in Southwest Texas because "friendship, business, and ranches don't stop at a county line," as Library Director Susan Anderson explained it.
Uvalde was first settled in 1853, and in 1855-56 was known as Encina, and was once the domain of notorious frontier sheriff and outlaw, J. King Fisher. A historical marker on Fisher and the graves of early settlers killed by Indians are in Pioneer Cemetery, located at 500 N. Park Street.
18 Laykold surfaced courts, 12 which are lighted are open around the clock 24-7. Located on 2nd Street in between the Uvalde High School and the Uvalde Junior High.
General swimming begins in June and lasts through August, closed on Mondays, open Tuesdays - Sundays 2 pm - 6 pm. Located at 300 E. Main behind the Willie De Leon Civic Center. Available for private parties in May.